April 11, 2019

Paper Year

In the next series of blog posts, along with this one, I will take you to what went on during our anniversaries, or love birthdays, as we call it.



It was April 1, 2017, and we just had our first year together. To be honest, it was not really easy but, hey, it was very worth it. The honeymoon stage really felt like a honeymoon with love overflowing, while also adjusting to the new things that we learned about each other. 

Much like one year ago, we just had some misunderstanding before our first birthday. I had some personal flaws that she wanted me to rid, (which I still have as of writing and it's not something I should be proud of). We settled in and choose to stay with each other despite my wrongdoings, had our favorite, Burger King, and headed onto Ball Pit Manila in Makati City.

No photo description available.
Ball Pit Manila logo from Facebook.com

Ball Pit Manila had already caught our attention even months before our birthday and we really wanted to come and see what had been going viral in social media. Ball Pit Manila had this pool of white plastic balls that you could drown yourself into. 

I made the reservations and when we went there, it met our expectations and we had a very good time feeling like a kid once again. As for me, I never experienced playing outdoors with neighbors, and other kids and that made the Ball Pit Manila moment a really enjoyable and memorable one since I don't really have a lot of memories playing happily and care-free with someone outside my family. I was happy that it had to be you, love.

Aside from the huge pool of balls, the murals and the ambiance of the place were really inviting. It had that innocent but very engaging feel to it. We also had the chance to play card games, and board games! The stay really made us feel like childhood friends turned classroom lovers.

After the events at Ball Pit Manila, we went on to a massage parlor called "Mont Albo Massage Hut" and had our first massage treatment together. Before the actual massaging, we were first scrubbed by the therapists. Then, the massaging that went on for about an hour really made us felt relaxed and free from all negative auras that could invade us. I just did not like it when they had to put massage oil between our fingers. That gave me a really irritating feeling. The finger massage did so, too. I kind of hated them.


Mont Albo Massage Hut logo from montalbomassage.com

However, I was with the love of my life so I just ignored everything and started to live in the moment. And I could feel that in that very moment, the presence of love was undoubtedly together with us. Forgotten was the earlier dispute.

Before going home, we went on to try a nearby "Sinangag Express" (a Tapsilogan) and it was good. Everything was going our way that night, and I could not be any happier. I bade her goodbye and kissed her in the forehead. Happy first birthday to us, love!

A paper may be thin, and easy to scratch on and be crumpled, however, it can still be straightened and fixed to pave way for a new chapter of love mixed with of happiness, and sadness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MOVIE REVIEW: Bohemian Rhapsody

Is this real life? Is this just fantasy? Queen from mentalfloss.com Upon watching the very first trailer of this movie, I have be...