July 18, 2020

Taking the First Step

It has been four months since the first lockdown in Manila. With that, I've yet to have my hair cut until today. After weeks of debating with myself regarding whether or not I should have my hair cut, I finally decided to do it today.


Image may contain: 1 person, sitting, text that says 'Customer loyalty is priceless ল'
With the new normal due to the pandemic, it'd be very surprising to still see barbershop scenarios like these. (From Facebook.com)

It wasn't easy. Since I was a kid, I wanted a longer hairstyle, one that I could slip onto the back of my ears, one that could hide my ears. School regulations didn't allow me to try having that. So when I graduated, I saw that as a chance to sport that long hairstyle, except that I had lost my silky smooth straight hair I used to have when I was a kid. Also, the Coronavirus scare was not ready to leave us yet.

My curly wavy hairstyle got me through my licensure exam last year. Now, it got me through the first four months of the Coronavirus lockdown. 

Not like last year, I was motivated and eager to do what I had to do because I knew I wouldn't ace my licensure exam without doing the essentials.

However, things were different during the past four months. I procrastinated and used the pandemic era as a reason to not strive the same. way I did last year. I was neglecting my side hustles, my writing, and further development in my profession.

For some reason, I thought that cutting my hair would be the first step in beating down this procrastinating season I've been having. Cutting my hair would mean I would no longer be accepting mediocrity in my outside appearance. Lousy hairstyles sometimes could reflect a lousy lifestyle in any aspect. 

Just as I am now back on track with my hair, I hope to also be back on track with regards to my eagerness and drive for further improvement in my professional career, passion, and character. 

It's a work in progress, but it will never start without taking that first step.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MOVIE REVIEW: Bohemian Rhapsody

Is this real life? Is this just fantasy? Queen from mentalfloss.com Upon watching the very first trailer of this movie, I have be...